Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Crispy Sage
Time to table: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 meals of about 14 gnocchi
Suitable for freezing: Yes, before cooking
Dairy and nut-free
- 3 Tom Pom Organic Sweet Potato Rings, defrosted
- 60g plain flour
- 2 fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the Tom Pom Organic Sweet Potato Rings and flour to form a sticky dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 2cm deep.
- With the back of a fork, make small imprints along the dough to add texture; this will allow your sauce to stick.
- Cut the dough about 2-3cm across to form the gnocchi.
- Add the gnocchi to boiling water for about 3 minutes, until they all rise to the top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and scatter them on a paper towel to drain.
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and place the gnocchi and sage leaves in the oil to lightly brown on both sides.
- Plate the gnocchi, then remove the sage leaf and carefully crumble over the gnocchi. Add any remaining oil to the dish.