Baked bean burrata – comfort food
This recipe is perfect for the winter season as a quick comfort food for you and your baby. The beans are so tasty and made by boldbean co. Check them out @boldbeanco
- 1 Jar of Queen Butter Beans
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh chilli or chilli flakes
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes + a squeeze of honey or a pinch of sugar
- 1 ball burrata
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar + fresh basil
Optional: Pesto (basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese, seasoning blended in food processor)
- Simply fry the onions in some olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Then add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Add the tinned toms and bring to a boil. Season, add the balsamic and sugar, and then the beans.
- Bubble away and allow to reduce a little, this can be as long as 20 mins or as little as 2.
- Plate up, tear the burrata over the beans and spoon over pesto.
- Drizzle with some good olive oil if desired and even parmesan if the moment takes you.