Easy homemade hummus for your whole family
Time to table: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 meals for 6 month olds.
Suitable for freezing: Yes, can be frozen safely for up to three months.
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 55ml of extra virgin olive oil (40g for recipe, 15g to drizzle at end)
- 20g water
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 lemon squeezed and ½ of the peel finely grated
- 1 TBS tahini (sesame based/potential allergen)
Optional toppings: chopped parsley, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, smoked paprika
- In small food processor, add chickpeas, 40g of olive oil and water and blend for 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, garlic and tahini and blend for a further 5 minutes, adding in water if needed until a smooth texture has formed.
- Arrange on a plate with your choice of toppings and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.